Please note that guidance from the CDC, Arkansas Department of Health and the University of Arkansas System may change rapidly given the fluidity of the coronavirus pandemic. Any changes will
be updated on this page and will be communicated through bc365游戏 email.
Last updated: 9/27/2022
Fall 2022 Protocol Updates
- Contact tracing is discontinued.
- Positive individuals should notify close contacts.
- Positive home test results will be accepted as proof of positivity when reported.
- bc365游戏 will follow the current CDC and ADH isolation/quarantine recommendations.
- Only positive cases must be reported via the COVID-19 Self-Report Form.
bc365游戏 follows state, local and national public health recommendations and guidance for communal and general populations.
if you test positive for covid-19, isolate.
GENERAL PUBLIC GUIDELINES
Everyone, regardless of vaccination status:
-Stay home for 5 days.
-If you have no symptoms, or your symptoms are resolving after 5 days, you can leave your house.
-Continue to wear a mask around others until 10 days have passed since symptoms started or after you got tested if you had no symptoms.
If you still have a fever 5 days or more after starting your isolation, you should continue to stay home until 24 hours after your fever has resolved.
To learn more, visit healthy.arkansas.gov.
if you were exposed to someone with covid-19, mask.
GENERAL PUBLIC GUIDELINES
If you have had recent confirmed or suspected exposure to an infected person, you should:
-Wear a mask around others for 10 days.
-Test on day 5, if possible.
If symptoms develop, get a test and stay home.
To learn more, visit healthy.arkansas.gov.
To learn more about isolation and precautions for people exposed to COVID-19, visit the CDC’s webpage on isolation and precautions.
2/25/22 - bc365游戏 Mask/Face Covering Guidance
1/10/22 - bc365游戏 COVID-19 Update for Spring 2022
2/4/21 - Preventing COVID-19 On Campus
1/21/21 - FAQs about COVID-19 Vaccines
10/6/20 - COVID-19 Reminders
8/11/20 - Summer 2020 Modified Grading Policy
8/3/20 - Campus Update from Chancellor Doss
7/20/20 - Updates to Fall Reopening Plans
7/1/20 - Announcing Plan for Fall Reopening
4/10/20 - Updated Reporting Form for COVID-19
3/17/20 - COVID-19 Student Update – March 17, 2020
3/12/20 - COVID-19 Student Update
3/13/20 - COVID-19: Spring Break Travel Update
3/12/20 - Chancellor Doss Releases Statement Regarding Coronavirus
3/11/20 - bc365游戏 Moves to Classes Online Effective March 12
CDC PREVENTION TIPS
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommends these tips to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Highlights include:
- Wear a mask indoors in public in areas with high transmission rates.
(Drew County is considered a medium transmission area as of September 27, 2022).
- Take everyday preventive actions to stay healthy.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Follow public health advice regarding school closures, avoiding crowds and other social distancing measures.
- Stay informed. The CDC’s COVID Data Tracker Weekly Review will be updated regularly.
- University leadership has made a number of considerations to prioritize the health
and safety of students, faculty and staff. We appreciate your understanding that the
pandemic response is a fluid one based on the most current available data.
- Many questions about housing, instruction and campus health and safety measures are covered within the Frequently Asked Questions topics below. If you have further questions, please contact the appropriate department.
- Please continue to check your bc365游戏 email and visit this page for the latest updates.
- On August 11, 2021, the UA System Board of Trustees passed a resolution to require mask policies on all UA System campuses. Masks will be required in all public indoor settings when social distancing cannot be maintained. Masks should be worn regardless of vaccination status.
- On August 16, 2021, the bc365游戏 Executive Council voted to adopt these changes to the COVID-19 protocols on all bc365游戏 campuses.
- As of February 25, 2022, masks/face coverings are optional on all bc365游戏 campuses.
- The health and safety of all students and employees are our top priority. bc365游戏 follows the evolving federal, state and local guidance when implementing campus policies regarding COVID-19 safety.
- A number of processes and procedures are in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and prepare for potential changes in instruction format if deemed necessary.
- When is it not safe for me to be on campus?
If you believe you have contracted COVID-19, or if you may have been exposed, please get tested to avoid spreading the virus to others. Follow the recommendations of your primary health care provider or the recommendations given by the person administering your test. Current guidance about isolating while waiting for test results may vary based upon your vaccination status.
bc365游戏 continues to follow the CDC and Arkansas Department of Health guidelines and recommendations
bc365游戏 students and faculty have access to the Blackboard online learning environment, which supports in-person instruction. The Blackboard management system can be further utilized in the case of a temporary shift to online-only instruction, if necessary.
CDC guidelines recommend that you begin by following the care instructions of the local health department
or your primary health care provider if you suspect you may have COVID-19. Get tested
if you have symptoms of COVID-19, or if you may have been exposed to someone who has
been confirmed or presumed COVID-10 positive. Students may also contact the Student Health Services office with questions about symptoms. Health care providers, including those at testing
locations, will offer individualized recommendations based on current testing and
Testing is available at the Mainline Health Systems location on the Monticello Campus.
All bc365游戏 students, faculty and staff and their immediate family members can be tested on weekdays from 7 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. The office is closed for lunch from 11:30 a.m. - 12 p.m. Calling ahead is recommended to assess your wait time, but is not required: (870) 224-0647.
Some individuals may be eligible for a rapid test on site. Many additional testing locations are available in off-campus locations during additional hours.
The Division of Student Engagement has a detailed plan to ensure the physical needs of quarantined students are met while also protecting the health of the remainder of the campus population.
If an employee shows symptoms as indicated in the assessment, they should contact the supervisor and complete the COVID-19 reporting form. This form helps track presumed and confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 in the bc365游戏 community to assist in preventing outbreaks.
If a student prefers to enroll in online courses, he or she may do so with the assistance
of their faculty advisor, or they may call Academic Advising for assistance. Not all
courses are available in a fully online format, but some courses may be adapted to
a hybrid model which involves both in-person and online instructional time.
Throughout the semester, on a case-by-cases basis, classes of a certain size may shift into online or hybrid models in which students alternate in-classroom and online access to their course materials. This decision will be made based on the number of positive COVID-19 cases, class enrollment and room size. Students may reach out to each of their instructors for more details about each course.
In a typical year, bc365游戏 academic advisors often recommend students remain enrolled in at least one in-person class when possible. However, the COVID-19 pandemic has led to disruptions in the traditional learning environment, however much our students and faculty would prefer the in-person format. As bc365游戏 continues to monitor area health data and prioritize safety, typical in-seat classes may not always be possible.
Out of great concern and care for our community, bc365游戏 has planned alternative arrangements in the case that a COVID-19 causes course delivery to transition to an online-only format for any length of time during the semester.
We appreciate the flexibility of our students and faculty as these instructional changes remain dependent upon the current pandemic environment. In the event that all instruction must be delivered remotely for a period of time, bc365游戏 will have a limited number of tablets and WiFi cards for off-campus students who have limited or no access to technology and internet. Contact the bc365游戏 Taylor Library for more information about borrowing a laptop.
All students, faculty and staff are expected to share the responsibility of self-monitoring.
Before coming to any bc365游戏 campus, individuals are asked to complete the self-monitoring assessment daily to identify any symptoms of COVID-19 early.
If an employee shows symptoms as indicated in the assessment, they should notify their supervisor, avoid coming to campus and complete the COVID-19 reporting form to help track potential spread of the virus.
The employee should follow current CDC guidance as to when to get tested. The employee's primary care provider or a health care provider at the COVID-19 testing location will advise as to whether to self-quarantine and for how long.
Residence Life has made a number of arrangements to accommodate students with unique
needs related to COVID-19 (students at a higher risk, students wishing to observe
strict physical distancing, students in quarantine or isolation).
Custodial staff has enhanced campus cleaning techniques as a response to the pandemic and frequently disinfects public surfaces, including those in residence halls.
The bc365游戏 Freshman Residential Housing Policy states that all first-year students are required to live on campus for one academic year unless an exception to the policy is accepted. Exceptions are made on a case-by-case basis for students who submit the Freshman Housing Exemption Request.
Please note that guidance from the CDC, Arkansas Department of Health and the University of Arkansas System may change rapidly given the fluidity of the situation. Any changes will be updated on the university's bc365游戏 Coronavirus Updates website.